§1 – General Terms
- The Playwood Factory online shop, available at www.playwoodfactory.com, is run by Amabela Dylla, under the name Amabela Dylla Studio, entered in the Central Registration and Information on Business (CEIDG) operated by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Republic of Poland. NIP 9562140538, REGON 368936736.
§2 – Definitions
- Seller – the entity that run a business under the name: Amabela Dylla Studio, entered in the Central Registration and Information on (CEIDG) operated by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Republic of Poland. NIP 9562140538, REGON 368936736;
- Client – the entity, including a consumer, who purchases the Product through the Online Shop;
- Shop – on-line shop run by the Seller, at the :www.playwoodfactory.com;
- Distance contract – an agreement concluded with the Client as part of an organized system of concluding distance contracts (as part of the Shop), without the simultaneous physical presence of the parties, with exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to the conclusion of the contract;
- Terms & Conditions – these Terms & Conditions;
- Purchase Order – the offer made by the Cient to Playwood Factory to buy specifically labelled Goods for the price displayed in the Online Shop, in line with these Terms & Conditions;
- Customer Account – the Client’s personal data along with details about the previous transactions and the order processing status;
- Registration form – a form available in the Shop, enabling the creation of an Account;
- Ordering form – an interactive form avaiable in the Shop, that allows placing an Order, in particular by adding Products to the Basket and defining the terms of the Sales Agreement, including the method of delivery and payment;
- Shopping Cart – an element of the Shop’s software in which the Products selected for purchase are visible, and it is also possible to determine and modify the given Order, in particular the quantity of products;
- Product –Goods/service presented as for sale in the Online Shop, which is the subject of the Sales Agreement between the Client and the Seller;
- Sales Agreement – Product sales contract concluded between the Client and the Seller via the Online Shop.
§3 – Contact with the Shop
- Address of the Seller: ul. Włocławska 102, 87-100 Toruń, Poland
- E-mail address of the Seller: email@example.com
- Mobile numer of the Seller: 0048 695645208
- Bank account number of the Seller: PL 72 1090 1506 0000 0001 3558 3348
- The Client may communicate with the Seller using the addresses and telephone numbers provided in this paragraph.
§4 – Technical requirements
To use the Shop, including viewing the Shop’s assortment and placing orders for Products, you will need:
- The terminal device with access to the Internet and a web browse
- Active e-mail account (e-mail),
§5 – General Information
- The Seller shall not be liable for any interruptions in the functioning of the Shop caused by force majeure, unlawful activities of third parties or incompatibilities of the Online Shop with the Client’s technical infrastructure;
- Browsing the Store’s assortment does not require creating an Account. Placing orders by the Client in the Shop’s assortment is possible either after creating an Account or by providing the necessary data enabling the Order to be completed without creating an Account;
- Prices given in the store are given in Euro and are gross prices (including VAT);
- The final amount to be paid by the Client consists of the price for the Product and the cost of delivery (including fees for transport, delivery and postal services) about which the Client is informed on the Shop’s pages when placing orders.
§6 – Creating an Account
- To set up an Account in the Shop, you must complete the Registration Form;
- Creating an Account in the Shop is free of charge;
- Logging in to the Account is done by entering the login and password set in the Registration Form;
- The Client may at any time, without giving any reason and without incurring any fees, remove the Account by sending a relevant request to the Seller via e-mail to the addresses provided in § 3.
§7 -The rules for placing Orders
The order process consists of the following steps:
- Log into the Shop (optional);
- Choose the Product and click „Add to basket” button;
- Log in or use the option of placing an Order without registration;
- If option of placing an Order without registration is choosen – fill in Ordering Form, define the terms of the Sales Agreement, including the method of delivery;
- Click „Order and payment” and confirm the order by clicking the link sent by the e-mail;
- Choose one of the available payment methods and, depending on the method of payment, pay for the order within a certain period.
§8 -Delivery and payment methods
1. The Client may use the following methods of delivery or collection of the ordered Product:
- Courier shipment,
- Personal collection;
2. The Client can use the following payment methods:
- Payment by transfer to the Seller’s account,
- Electronic payments – PAYU,
- Payment by credit card – PAYU;
3. Detailed information on the methods and costs of delivery and acceptable payment methods can be found on the Shop’s website.
§9 – Execution of a Sales Agreement
- Conclusion of a Sales Agreement between the Client and the Seller takes place after the Customer has placed an Order using the Order Form in the Online Shop in accordance with § 7 of the Terms and Conditions;
- After placing the Order, the Seller immediately confirms its receipt and at the same time accepts the Order for execution. Confirmation of receipt of the Order and its acceptance for implementation shall take place by sending by the Seller an e-mail address provided at the time of placing the Order e-mail address, which contains at least the Seller’s statement of receipt of the Order and its acceptance for implementation and confirmation of the conclusion of the Sales Agreement. Upon receipt of the above e-mail by the Client, a Sales Agreement is concluded between the Client and the Seller,
- The Client is obliged to make the payment within 3 calendar days from the date of the Sale Agreement – this applies to all payment methods – payment by bank transfer, electronic payment or payment by card – otherwise the order will be canceled.
- The product will be sent by the Seller within the time specified in the “Payment and Shipping” tab, in the manner chosen by the Client when placing the Order.
- If you order Products with different delivery times, the delivery date is the longest given date.
- In the case of ordering Products with different delivery times, the Client has the option to request delivery of Products in parts or to deliver all Products after completing the entire order
- The beginning of the delivery period counts as follows:
- If the Client chooses the method of payment by bank transfer, electronic payments or by credit card – from the day of crediting the Seller’s bank account.
- Product delivery takes place in Europe.
- Delivery of the Product to the Client is payable, unless the Sales Agreement provides otherwise. The delivery costs of the Product (including transport, delivery and postal fees) are indicated to the Customer on the Online Shop pages in the “Payment and Shipping” tab and during the Order placement.
§10 -Contract Rescission
- Pursuant to Article 27 of the Polish Consumer Rights Act of 30 May 2014 (Journal of Laws of 24 June 2014 item 827), a Customer who is a consumer entering into a distance contract has the right to rescind the contract without cause within 14 days of receiving the goods and return the purchased Goods in an unchanged condition;
- The rescission notice shall be sent to Playwood Factory to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If the Client rescinds the contract, they do not bear any costs, except or the costs of sending the Product back to the Shop;
- The Client shall promptly, no later than 14 days following the contract rescission, send back the Product;
- If the 14-day time limit for contract rescission is not observed, the contract rescission will not be recognised;
- The reimbursement will take place in the same manner in which payment was made.
- The Sales Agreement covers new Products.
- The Seller is obliged to provide the Client with a Product free from defects.
- If a Product purchased from the Seller has a defect, the Client has the right to make a complaint based on the regulations concerning the warranty in the Civil Code.
- Complaints should be reported in writing or by e-mail to the address of the Seller specified in these Terms and Conditions.
- The complaint should include a brief description of the defect, circumstances (including date) of its occurrence, data of the Client submitting the complaint, and the Client ‘s request in connection with the defect of the good.
- The Seller will respond to the claim immediately, no later than within 14 days. If there will be no responce after 14 days, it is considered that the Client ‘s request was considered unjustified
- Products sent back as part of the complaint procedure should be sent to the address provided in § 3 of these Terms and Conditions, within 14 days from the date of considering the complaint.
- After positive consideration of the complaint and returning the product within a specified time, the customer will receive a refund to bank account or card within a few days.
§12 – Personal data in the Online Shop
- Administrator of the personal data of Client collected via the Online Shop is the Seller;
- Clients’ personal data collected by the administrator via the Online Shop are collected in order to implement the Sales Agreement, and if the Client agrees – also for marketing purposes;
- The recipients of personal data of the Online Shop’s Clients may be:
- In the case of a Client who uses the Online Shop with the method of delivery by post or courier, the Administrator provides the Client’s personal data to a selected carrier or intermediary performing the shipment at the request of the Administrator,
- In the case of a Client who uses the Online Shop with the method of electronic payments or with a card payment, the Administrator provides the personal data of the Client to the selected entity servicing the above payments in the Online Shop;
- The customer has the right to access their data and correct them;
- Providing personal data is voluntary, but not given the personal data specified in the Terms and Conditions, which are necessary to conclude a Sales Agreement, results in the inability to conclude this contract.
- The Seller reserves the right to make changes to the Terms and Conditions for important reasons, that is: changes in the law, changes in methods of payment and delivery – to the extent to which these changes affect the implementation of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. The Seller shall inform the Client about each change at least 7 days in advance;
- In matters not covered by these these Terms and Conditions, generally applicable regulations of Polish law shall apply, in particular: the Civil Code; the Act on Providing Services by Electronic Means; Consumer Rights Act; the Act on the Protection of Personal Data;
- All the rights to the pictures and videos posted on www.playwoodfactory.com are held by AD Studio. They must not be used in any field of use;
- For extrajudicial settlements of consumer disputes, the European Union has launched an online platform (“ODR platform”): http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.